GERBER TOOLS Propel Downrange Auto
Propel Downrange Auto
Gerber has a long-running relationship with the U.S. military, providing proven tactical equipment for soldiers deploying overseas. The Propel Downrange Auto knife is a direct result of Gerber’s relationship with military personnel, and there’s more to this automatic knife’s design than its desert tan color. Building on the field-proven performance and fast, one-handed blade deployment of the long-popular 06 Auto knife, the Propel Downrange packs the same level of full-size utility and durability in a slimmer, more pocket-friendly profile. The Propel Downrange is as easy to handle and store as it is to open under pressure.
Premium S30V Tanto Blade
Like a good friend, a tactical knife needs to rise to any occasion, even difficult or unforeseen ones. The Propel Downrange Auto’s proven quick, one-handed opening action is matched only by its premium-grade S30V steel construction. You can rely on the S30V steel blade for all its intended uses and even some unintended ones—like opening that crate, stat—without worrying about compromising blade integrity. The knife’s reliable plunge lock and safety switch keep the blade locked open while in use and safely locked closed when stowed in your pocket. The partially serrated tanto-style blade adds utility when cutting stubborn materials like nylon cord or webbing, but maintains the precise cuts of a fine edge when necessary. The black oxide blade coating minimizes reflectivity and adds corrosion resistance, while the tan G-10 composite handle matches desert camouflage fatigues.
Like a finely crafted tool, the Propel Downrange Auto feels balanced in your hand and is comfortable to hold. The composite G-10 handle’s textured surface provides all-conditions security and can take the beating that comes with field deployment. You can even customize the belt clip to meet your carrying preference. The three-way adjustable clip can be set for left- or right-hand bias and tip-up or tip-down orientation when stowed in your pocket or on your belt.
Proudly Built in Portland, Oregon
A knife is only as useful as it is durable, easy to carry and easy to use. The Propel Downrange Auto knife is designed to be your daily driver. The full-size, automatic blade offers instant deployment in a slim design that fades into your pocket like a smaller knife. Proudly built in Portland, Oregon, the Propel Downrange is designed to last a lifetime.
- Blade uses premium-quality S30V steel for long-term durability and a quality edge
- Full-size tanto-style blade is partially serrated for slicing and cutting tough surfaces
- Black oxide coating adds corrosion resistance and low reflectivity
- Desert tan G10 handle provides sure grip and durability in a slim design
- Pommel with lanyard hole adds utility
- Automatic opening design delivers quick, one-handed blade deployment
- Plunge lock and safety switch fix the blade in place, open or closed
- Adjustable, three-position pocket clip allows customizable stowage
- Backed by Gerber's Lifetime Warranty
- Item 30-000717
- Overall Length: 8.52" (21.64 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5" (8.89 cm)
- Closed Length: 5" (12.7 cm)
- Weight: 4.28 oz. (121 g)
- Steel Type: S30V steel
- Handle Material: G10